We add premium products to our Hydro-seed that will...
We use a Premium custom made grass seed blend that will create a sustainable lawn in 6-10 weeks.
Price $350 and up*
FUN FACT: We have done over 400,000 sq ft. of hydro-seed in just 2 years!
We utilize the best Soil Cultivator available!
We perform a final grade on the property in preparation of hydro seeding. Cultivate, loosen and grade soil throughout property.
Remove large rock and debris exposed after cultivating. Haul rock and debris away.
FUN FACT: We have hauled in over 3,000 tons of topsoil to houses in the Perrysburg area.
Congratulations on having planted new grass seed! Perrysburg Landscape only uses the highest quality custom made grass seed that contains a mix of 3-5 different varieties of seed depending on your sun/shade conditions. Some varieties such as Rye will germinate within 7 days while others such as Fescue and Bluegrass will not germinate for at least 14 - 21 days respectively. As a result, watching your new grass grow is like staring at a pot of water while waiting for it to boil. Don't panic if your new lawn seems to be germinating sporadically; just keep watering it according to the instructions below.
1. Your new grass seed MUST remain moist at all times in order for it to germinate.
Water 2 - 3 times per day to keep the soil moist but do not flood the area.
2. When the grass grows to at least 1 inch in height, scale back the watering to 1-2 times per day.
3. Be sure to call and set up a fertilizing company to come fertilize your new lawn after 4-6 weeks from planting.
4. After your lawn grows to 3.5 - 4 inches, mow it down to a height of no less than 3 inches.
5. After the grass has been mowed 3 times, watering can be scaled back to 3 times per week. This reduction in water will encourage the roots to search out water from sources deeper in the ground. (NOTE: If the temps are extremely hot such as in July or August, water it more often to avoid the grass from burning out but only water in the morning or the evening.)
6. Your new lawn may contain a few weeds that germinated along with the new grass seed but this is completely normal. Weed seeds are constantly blowing through the air and may be encouraged to germinate as well with the bare soil. A weed killer such as "Weed 'b' Gone" can be applied only after your new grass is strong enough to remain unharmed from the product; this is typically after the grass has been mowed at least 3 times. (A fertilizer company can apply the appropriate products as well but be sure to inform them as to how long ago your new grass was planted.)
7. Your new lawn will not be fully established and lush with a beneficial thatch layer for at least 1 year after the seeding. To accelerate this, you may want to consider having it over-seeded just before the next growing season. (Growing seasons: early April and early September.)